Mongolia

Mongolia

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A song from the land of my forefathers and fore mothers

When I was a child, I lived in Altai town of Govi Altai (a south western province of Mongolia). Later I got to know from my grand parents that our family originally belonged to that province. This is the land where our forefathers and fore mothers lived for generations.
The name Altai means Golden Mountains in Turkic Languages.
Altai is the land where the mountains guard our houses. There is sunshine everywhere and the cool winds blow underneath.The land of Mazalai (brown bear of Gobi Deserts) and Havtgai (Wild Bactrian Camel) is where our ancestors roamed and lived in their Gers (Yurts).
To taste a slice of life in Altai mountains, watch this video titled Zulai Tsagaan Altai. In this video all singers belong to Govi Altai province and they are showing their great love for this amazing land of Altai.



No comments:

Post a Comment